So, I’m thinking about starting a weekly thing where I make an altered tag every Thursday and I would call it “Tag It Thursday”. You’ll have to let me know your thoughts on it as well.
So today’s tag is a mixed media tag. I began by using an Inkssentials #8 size Manila tag. I covered the surface with Sargent acrylic paint in pale blue and grey purple.
Then, after the paint dried I used a Pam Carriker handwritten text stamp with Ranger Archival ink to cover the tag.
After that I grabbed some papers from collage stash and glued them down with an Elmer’s glue stick. I wanted to accent the red in my main paper so I used some punchinella and Golden fluid acrylic in pyrrole red. I also used Rangers Glossy Accents to glue a red paper flower in the bottom corner.
Next I stamped a sentiment using black Staz On ink on a piece of paper I had previously cleaned a stencil off on and ripped the edges around the sentiment for added texture. I glued the sentiment down with my Elmer’s glue stick. I then inked the edges of the tag with Ranger’s Tim Holtz distress Ink in black soot
Next I sprayed a little Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist in almost black. This ended up covering up part of my sentiment so I used a Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen to trace over the words.
It seemed like the tag was still lacking something to me so I grabbed some of Ranger’s Tim Holtz Distress Ink in fired brick and a couple of Asian stamps made by Inkadinkado and stamped the tag in three places. Still feeling like the tag was lacking I grabbed an Adirondack acrylic paint dabbler in silver and added that to three places.
Now for the final touches. My edges didn’t seem very black anymore so I took a black Portfolio water soluble oil pastel and rubbed that along the edges adding some water with a brush in some places. Also, the sailboats on the fake money were supposed to be the focal point, but they had almost disappeared. SOS I outlined them with a black Pitt artist’s Pen XS , followed by a black Portfolio water soluble oil pastel. I then used a pink and a purple Portfolio water soluble oil pastel on the sails and brushed a little water over them. I also added some of the black pastel and white gel pen to the paper flower. Finally, I added some baker’s twine in black, red, light pink, dark pink, and purple.
Let me know what you think about the tag and about the idea of doing a weekly tag. I’m still not sure if I like how the tag turned out.