Happy Thanksgiving!

I won’t be creating a tag today. Instead I will be spending the day with family and reflecting on some of the things I am thankful for. I hope you and yours have a wonderful holiday.

Advertisements

A Variation of Tag #10

Here is a colored variation on Tag It Thursday #10. I am involved in a Christmas tag swap on ATCs For All. I decided to recycle my idea from Week 10, but do it in color as one of my tags for this swap. Let me know what you think and wether you like this colored version or the black & white version from week 10 best.

IMG_1527.JPG

Tag It Thursday #10

Wow! I can’t believe I’ve been posting a Tag every Thursday for ten weeks now. That must be some kind of record for me…to do anything for that long. LOL.

Today’s tag is not mixed media…SURPRISE. LOL. Instead I will be using the standard #8 tag and acrylic paint. That’s it. Nice and simple. To begin with I used some inexpensive gray acrylic paint (Sargeant’s) and painted to coats on the entire front of the tag.

Tag10-1

Next, I wanted to add a black border so I took a scrap of card stock from some junk mail and used it like a stencil. I just exposed the border of the tag and then applied black paint with a make-up sponge.

Tag10-2Tag10-3

Oops, this border did not come out the way I wanted it. I was looking for some nice clean lines, but it looks like I had a lot of stencil bleed-through. So to fix this I’m just going to change my plan slightly and make this tag a little more grungy. I watered down some black acrylic paint and applied it to the tag and then rubbed it off with a napkin (from Starbucks…I always seem to have plenty of them lying around since I go there all the time). I did this a couple of times until I got the look I wanted.

Tag10-4Tag10-5

Then I began painting Pine Tree Silhouettes across the card with black acrylic paint. I painted the trees by first painting a vertical line the length I wanted the tree top. Then I just stroked from that line outward and down on each side using a #4 round brush. Then I put the trunks in using a #2 script liner brush. I also painted some ground at the bottom of the tag.

Tag10-7Tag10-8

Next, I watered down some of the black paint and splattered it on the tag. Once the black paint was dry, I watered down some white acrylic paint and splatter that all over the tag. For my black and white acrylic paint I used Golden Fluid Acrylics.

Tag10-9Tag10-6

Once the black paint was dry, I watered down some white acrylic paint and splatter that all over the tag and then I painted “peace on earth” at the bottom of the tag. Here is the finished tag. Let me know what you think. 🙂

Tag10-10

Tag It Thursday #9

For today’s tag I began by using a text stamp by Fiskars and StazOn black ink to cover a piece of white cardstock.

IMG_1505.JPG

IMG_1506.JPG

Then I used Dylusions Ink in Postbox Red and Pure Sunshine to add color to the card stock.

IMG_1507.JPG

IMG_1510.JPG

Then a drew an old tree trunk with branches using a pencil. I then took a Distress Ink pad in Tumbled Glass and stamped it onto my craft mat. I then spritzed it with water. Next I took a blank #8 Manilla tag and rubbed it into the ink puddle to create the sky.

IMG_1511.JPG

IMG_1512.JPG

The next thing I did was cut out some simple leaf shapes from my stamped, colored card stock. I glued these leaves onto my tree using Elmer’s Glue All. Then I colored in the trunk using colored pencils (Prismacolor Pencils in dark brown, chocolate, and green ochre).

IMG_1513.JPG

IMG_1514.JPG

For my last step I used my Noodler’s fountain pen filled with Noodler’s ink and drew a leaf shape inside each leaf and put a lined border on the tag. Here is the final tag. Let me know what you think.

IMG_1515.JPG

Tag It Thursday #8

Today’s tag is going to be quite different than my usual tags. It is not mixed media and will be done solely with Dr. Ph. Martin’s Liquid Watercolors. I am also not using my standard #8 manilla tag. Instead I traced my usual tag onto 140 lb Canson watercolor paper, cut the tag out and then punched a hole in the top.

IMG_1497.JPG

IMG_1498.JPG

Here is the selection of colors I will be using from Dr. Ph. Martin’s Liquid Watercolor set: Gamboge, Brilliant Cad Red, Deep Red Rose, and Pthalo Green.

IMG_1500.JPG

To begin with I put down some clear water using a #8 round watercolor brush. Then I put some drops of the yellow, orange and red colors into the water splotches.

IMG_1499.JPG

IMG_1501.JPG

Then I used my #8 brush to blend and shape the colors into poppies. Next I took the green paint and applied the stems and leaves by directly drawing them onto dry paper with the dropper applicator.

IMG_1503.JPG

IMG_1502.JPG

Because the poppies are still wet the green paint bled into them a little, but I love the effect! I initially planned to do more to this tag, but I really love the simplicity of it as it is. So here is a picture of the final tag. Let me know what you think.

IMG_1504.JPG